- Artrageous with Nate video (great!)
- Khan Academy video 1
- Khan Academy video 2
- sfmoma.org video of Pollock talking and painting (this is used in Prezi)
- How to paint like Jackson Pollock (youtube)
Art Project Ideas:
- Outdoor painting project: Weather needs to cooperate – schedule in mid-late May. Order 18″ x 24″ canvas panels – 1 per kid. Bring small dixie type paper cups for paint, paper plates for holding the cups, paper cups for water, and tempura or acrylic paint (check if there’s enough paint), paintbrushes and paper towels. A giant bowl for dirty brushes is helpful. Remember that paint will stain, especially acrylic. Lay canvas panels in grass. Fill small cups with paint. Kids pick their colors and paint in a Pollock fashion – see How to paint like Jackson Pollock or this video. Get a lot of help. Combine classes and get lots of time to do this. This is a special end-of-elementary school project. The kids will not forget this one.
- Please contribute your comments, helpful suggestions, websites, presentations, art project ideas. The kids and future volunteers would benefit tremendously. THANKS!
- Please share any pictures or videos you took during your presentation. Pictures can also be sent to parents through the Seesaw app. Contact the teacher for more info.
[important]Don’t forget to submit an expense voucher to be reimbursed for any supplies you buy.[/important]